Help us make more great English language learning content with a small donation
Are you an intermediate or beginner English learner who wants to improve your English listening and comprehension skills? That’s great, but sometimes it's challenging to find the right resources that are interesting and fun. The good news is you found us, Adept English, where we have lots of free, high quality English listening material, specifically to help you improve your listening comprehension.
We need your help. Most of what we do here is super high quality, and free. But the costs of producing all of our free English learning lessons just keeps going up. If you would like to see more great content, you can help us by donating. Just lick on this link and donate, whatever you can. Every little helps. Thank you.
- Podcast: An online audio or video file that can be streamed or downloaded. Similar to a radio show but usually available through internet.
- Droughted: This seems to be an uncommon usage. Typically we would use the word "drought." Drought means a long period of time when there is little or no rain, causing a lack of water.
- Forecast: A prediction or estimate about future events, often used when talking about weather.
- Orientated: Another word for oriented. It means arranged or directed towards something.
- Outings: A short trip or journey taken for pleasure or purpose, often as a group.
- Pedalo: A small human-powered boat where users pedal to move it, often used for leisure activities on lakes or calm seas.
- Bundle: A collection of things or quantity of material tied or wrapped up together. In this context, it refers to a collection of podcasts sold together.
- Donate: To give something, often money, to help a person or organization.
- Subscribe: To choose to follow a particular service, especially an online service, like a YouTube channel or a podcast.
- Review: An evaluation or feedback about a product, service, or performance.
Hi, there. Today's podcast is a little bit different. It's really just a short message because I'm going to be on holiday this week. It's kind of like an 'out of office' email, if you know what I mean by that? So just a little bit about my holiday. I'm going to be in the south of France this week, visiting my sister and my nieces and my two great nephews.
Digital art of a dreamy stain glass window of Hilary in France. No Excuses Keep Practising Your English Listening Skills
We've been going there since my sister moved to France in 1989. So the village where they live is very familiar to us. There are also lots of dogs and cats and a horse to entertain us. I think it's going to be very hot and sunny. And I know the south of France is very droughted at the moment. So it has drought, D R O U G H T.
That means there's not been much rainfall and everything is pretty dry. And it's very similar in the UK at the moment as well, though we are forecast some rain.
So I think we'll have a good time. It'll be very 'mix and match' and very family- orientated. My sister is a very good cook and I think also we have some outings organized and it will be warm enough to swim in the river and perhaps do a pedalo trip as well, if you know what one of those is?
So that is my week-long holiday in the south of France, staying with my family. And in the meantime, if you would like a podcast to listen to, remember that there are always 75 free podcasts available with Adept English, you can find them on our website or on the usual platform where you listen.
Don't forget as well, if 75 free podcasts isn't quite enough, you can also go to our website and buy podcasts in bundles of 50. Really good value for money! And it gives you lots of lovely English language listening practice.
Don't forget as well that if you want to support Adept English, but you don't want to buy a podcast bundle, or one of our courses - still available on our website at adeptenglish.com - you can also press the donate button and make a donation to help Adept English continue. And if you want to support us, but you don't want to spend any money, then please just subscribe or follow us or write us a good review. Give us five stars! That really helps other people find us, other listeners, other language learners are then more easily able to find Adept English.
So that's it for now. I will see you again when I'm back from my holiday.
Enough for now. Have lovely day. Speak to you again soon. Goodbye.